Located at 700 West First, Hope House is a dream come true for West Texas Gifts of Hope whose vision was to create a safe lodging environment for patients who seek help during cancer treatment. The goal is to provide comfort for cancer patients who are referred by the West Texas Cancer Center.
“We were fortunate to stay at Hope House over many weeks during my treatment. The comfort and care that my husband and I received was a gift from God and loving friends.”
West Texas Gifts of Hope began as a vision to create a Hope House so that all cancer patients in the Permian Basin could get assistance during their treatment journey.
Here is how it began:
2010 Establishment of the 501c3 nonprofit status and Board of Directors
2011 Property donation by Odessa Jaycees
Metal Hope House building donated by Mueller, Inc
2012 Completion of Hope House interior
2013 Grand opening and dedication of Hope Angel
First Pink the Park event
First annual fundraiser
2014 The opening of Hope House for patient lodging
2015 Donation of outdoor gazebo by Sewell Ford
2016 Expansion of patient services
2017 Extended visits to seventeen county service area
2018 Exploration of Hope House 2 expansion
- A four-bedroom lodging facility located at 700 West First Street, Odessa Tx 79760
- A home-away-from-home secured environment designed for peace and comfort
- A home where linens and paper goods are furnished
- A home where resident patients supply their own food
- A home that is non-medical. There is no medical staff or assistance.
- Complimentary lodging at Hope House for the patient and caretaker during the cancer treatment schedule
- Transportation for both local and out-of-town patients
- Financial assistance with medicine specifically prescribed by the Texas Oncology physician
- Medical equipment and supplies during treatment
- Complimentary lunch served during treatment in the chemotherapy infusion lab
- Cosmetic enhancements at the Look Good Feel Good shop including free wigs and hats
- Ask the nurses or staff at the West Texas Cancer Center about our contact information
- Call us at 432.614.9284 during office hours 9-4 Mon-Thur and 9-12 on Friday.
- Recommendation by West Texas Cancer Center based on immediate need
- An approved background check
- Availability at the time of request
- Resident must be ambulatory or have a full-time caretaker
- For the duration of treatment
- Weekly stay is Monday through Thursday nights with Friday noon check-out.
- Patients do not stay on weekends except by special approval for dire circumstance
- Hope House is a securely gated property
- All doors are locked except for magnetic key entry
- Only patients and staff have entry privileges
We want to thank Mabi Balerio and Rosie Padilla for presenting a donation to West Texas Gifts of Hope. Generosity and kindness from her friends reflects the giving spirit of Maddie.
"Whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them!"
West Texas Gifts of Hope sponsoring gifts for children going through cancer treatment at Texas Oncology.
Notes from our clients…
“Thank you for serving lunch to us while we faced a long day of chemo. A friendly face and a good sandwich made the afternoon so much easier to face."
Patient from Fort Stockton
“We shall be forever grateful for the service that Hope House has provided. We could not have driven home every day and the beds were even good.”
Patient from Terlingua
“We needed a wheel chair for my husband and West Texas Gifts of Hope delivered it to our door. God Bless you.”
Patient from Odessa
Hope House Odessa serves cancer patients undergoing treatments who live afar. Al had radiation treatments 5 days a week for 8 weeks and it would have been very difficult for us to drive back and forth every day during this time as we live 150 miles from Odessa.
Hope House provides clean, comfortable living quarters with a staff that is professional, caring and helpful.
The staff - paid,volunteers and the Board of Directors of Hope House are totally dedicated to serving God by providing this great service for cancer patients and they are committed to making your stay comfortable and as stress free as possible.
Thank you Hope House - you are a true blessing for making our ordeal actually pleasant by your provision for us and so many other cancer patients.
Al & Jenie Marathon